-
February 7th, 2004, 06:14 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
Ok, so this is gonna be my first "Rant of the Week", I think. This may turn into a weekly column sort of thing, because I really like ranting. So, here we go!
Everybody's heard about this whole "Save Masters of the Universe" fiasco infecting the internet faster than fucking SARS. Luckily, it hasn't hit here yet, but if it ever does, rest assured I'll ban the motherfuckers quicker than shit. It's not so much the petition I mind, hell I even signed it, it's the fans that are blowing this waaaaay out of proportion and annoying the shit out of everyone else so much that the very mention of He-Man makes them want to vomit.
First, let us look at the facts.
Mattel has stated, time and time again, that the line is not cancelled. Every time one of the bastard fans calls Mattel, the people who WORK FOR THE GOD DAMNED COMPANY tell them that right now, the line is in a down spell, and come Toy Fair, all will be revealed and the line will be rejuvenated for a Summer launch. This apparently isn't good enough, as people are still shitting their diapers over not being able to find King Hsss anywhere. Right now, this huge petition is being organized by Val Staples, who's involved with the comic book. He refuses to even CONSIDER that Mattel is holding off future plans until the toy market picks up again, and insists on overreacting and spreading the word not only to collector's magazines and outlets, but to fucking CNN, Fox, and other legitimate news outlets who will do nothing but laugh at the "movement". I use movement because it's the closest term available for "taking a shit".
The Four Horsemen are, of course, still working at Mattel and sculpting new MOTU stuff every day. Does this make sense to anyone if the line were being cancelled? It doesn't to me, but hey...I'm just a logical thinker!
The biggest problem with this is the fact that they think that petitions, calling and bugging the living shit out of PR reps, and telling their local hick ass Wal-Mart manager that they still love MOTU is going to do a fucking thing. If they want to show Mattel they still care, show them where it counts. Their fucking pocketbooks.
Look over there, you see that TrapJaw on the shelf? See the other couple of pegwarmers there, just begging for a home? If MOTU means so much to you, buy the god damned things. That's the only way to show your support and have it heeded. For fuck's sake, all these people look like now are a bunch of overreacting geeks abusing the phone privileges their moms give them every Tuesday afternoon.
So, in conclusion, to he-man.org and all its followers, I have two very simple, very short words for you.
Fuck you.
Good night.
-
February 7th, 2004, 06:31 PM
#2
Inactive Member
...also, I will be making a "Save MOTU!" sticky just to really piss crOw off. *wink* [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
-
February 7th, 2004, 06:43 PM
#3
Inactive Member
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH A
I like MOTU, and buy only the ones I like whenever (and if ever) I can find them......
Would I care if the line went down the shitter?? No, not really. I'd hardly care at all.
But those guys are a bunch of fuckfaces. Especially if the company is telling them that it's not cancelled.
Also, speaking of "THE COMPANY", Mattel can rot in hell. What the shit are they thinking???? Honestly, we all know about their stupid case packing and bullshit variants, but.........come the fuck on!!! WHAT kind of company would sit there, see first-hand what their dumbass "strategies" are doing to their business, and then keep it up??????
I saw a little kid and his mom the other day picking through all the Batman figures at Wal-Mart. You know what that kid was looking for??? A Robin. Not Sky-Strike-Hydro-Cousin-Fucker Batman.............he was looking for a ROBIN.
-
February 7th, 2004, 06:53 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I love the MOTU line, but I'm not gonna bend over and take it in the ass to save it. I can understand not wanting to loose a toy line you like to collect, but gimmie a break. I hate those people over at he-man.org. I can't even go there because there is nothing worthwhile to read on their boards anymore. "The line is cancelled, the line is cancelled, quick call Mattel, write emails, letters, contact local law enforcement!" Fuck all that noise.
<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ February 07, 2004 02:58 PM: Message edited by: MrSparkle ]</font>
-
February 7th, 2004, 06:56 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I post at he-man.org, and it's a nice place for the most part, but the fans can be a bit obsessive to say the least. That's probably why I haven't posted there very much in the past couple of months, almost every thread is "sign this petition" or "I just called a Mattel rep for the 100th time." Constantly listening to people drone on about we need to do this and we need to do that to save the line gets really tedious. I can sympathize with the fact that they feel like they are losing something they're passionate about, but what I don't understand is their seemingly borderline psychotic obsession with MOTU. As you said cr0w, it's been stated time and again that MOTU will have a presence at Toyfair, so everybody just needs to take a breather and be patient. If Toyfair comes and there's not MOTU shown, that is the time to take action.
<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ February 07, 2004 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Tae Kwan Do Jesus ]</font>
-
February 8th, 2004, 03:52 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
Oh, and when I told the fuckers off over there, you know what the comeback was?
"You aren't worthy of having that Jason mask as your avatar."
What? WHAT THE FUCK?!? Is that the best you can do?
AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!
-
February 8th, 2004, 06:05 AM
#7
Inactive Member
all this time Toy Fair gives he-man a rimjob and then it goes under.
Toyfair can rot in hell too.
I only wanted an Evil Lyn figure from MOTU, but NOOOOOO they made that the impossible one to find.
fuck mattel, fuck them in thier stupid asses. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
-
February 8th, 2004, 08:15 AM
#8
Inactive Member
"What if we put some kind of banners or bumper stickers on our vehicles?"
That's a quote from some douche on He-Man.org.
THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING SICK IN THE HEAD.
Next thing you know they're gonna be hiring sky writers and using pirate radio to get their twisted message out.
I repeat:
THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKED UP IN THE BRAIN. I wish they'd realize they seem to be stuck in a perpetual state of childhood. i.e. If He-Man dies, they die.
Anytime a few people try to talk about "real" things on the miscellaneous forum, the topics are locked. What's the matter, did the real world get in the way of the Neverland you live in?
My collection is on eBay right now partly because:
1)I'm fucking tired of hearing about how the line is going to die.
2)Tired of every board I go to being asked to "SIGN THE PETITION!"
3)I don't want to be associated with those twisted fucks.
4)Every time I look at my shelf I get reminded of "He-Man.org" and I get into a burning rage.
[img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]
-
February 8th, 2004, 04:00 PM
#9
Inactive Member
LOL! I hope they weren't being serious when they said that cr0w because that is probably the worst insult I have ever heard but it makes a pretty funny joke [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
February 8th, 2004, 04:04 PM
#10
Inactive Member
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...031#post987030
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
holy shit.........I've never set foot over there before.............they're all brain-fucked
<font color="#dedfdf"><font size="1">[ February 08, 2004 12:05 AM: Message edited by: werewolfoz ]</font></font>
<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ February 08, 2004 12:08 AM: Message edited by: cr0w ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks